Did you know that some of the most spectacular hotels in the world are in Las Vegas? Boasting jaw-dropping decor, great art masterpieces, fantasy pools, world-class entertainment, luxurious rooms, and three star chefs in their restaurants, Las Vegas hotels are like nothing you have ever seen. Probably one of the most entertaining and popular destinations in America, Las Vegas is also where you can “get married fast”! From the dancing fountains at the Hotel Bellagio, to the gondolas and canals at the Venetian, the lions at the MGM Grand, to the Elvis impersonators you might meet in the elevator, you will never be bored in Las Vegas!
1. Las Vegas is synonymous with gambling, mega themed hotels and The Strip. Start your tour of The Strip at the amazing Venetian Hotel, which has a shopping arcade built to replicate Venice, complete with the Rialto Bridge, the Bridge of Sighs and gondolas on canals which run through the hotel.
2. Also on The Strip is a replica of the Eiffel Tower at the Paris Hotel. Exactly half the size of the French original but an exact copy in every other way, it has a lift to take you to the top for a great panoramic view of the city. Dine at the restaurant on the 11th floor.
3. The Treasure Island Resort Hotel is also located on The Strip. This hotel is widely thought of to be one of the best in town and offers a wide variety of restaurants and types of entertainment, some of which are free. One such show is Sirens of TI with a pirate theme, which is presented each evening.
4. The Shark Reef at the Mandalay Bay Hotel is a must-see. This huge aquarium complex is the only place where you can touch some of the creatures of the deep. The incredible construction allows you to walk through tunnels with the marine life surrounding you.
5. The Mirage Hotel has The Secret Garden and Dolphin Habitat. More like a zoo, exotic animals, such as white lions and Royal White tigers, are on show; and the Dolphin Habitat is home to numerous trained dolphins. There is no entry free to this attraction.
6. Las Vegas has many rollercoasters and thrill rides of all descriptions. The best of these parks – and suitable for the entire family – is the Adventuredome, which has free entrance and where one does not have to spend hours in line, although one has to pay for the actual rides.
7. The Stratosphere Casino, Hotel and Tower boasts the highest rollercoaster in the world and also has a free standing observation tower with decks offering panoramic views of the city and the surrounding area. Dine at the revolving restaurant or have a drink at one of the many bars.
8. Freemont Street in downtown Las Vegas, a few miles from The Strip, has a free nightly experience. Built with a LED light filled canopy, the Freemont Street Experience features a fantastic overhead visual show together with loud music.
9. For a little bit of culture, head to the Gallery of Fine Art located within the Bellagio Hotel and Casino. This intimate gallery has many works of art on loan from the finest museums around the world. The Landscapes From Monet to Hockney exhibition runs until January 2012.
10. Finally, for those with very deep pockets, there is the Zero Gravity Las Vegas Flight where one is given a basic training session, followed by an hour and half of weightlessness during a sub-orbital flight where you will experience what it is like to walk on the moon.
You can be the first to review 'Las Vegas'.